Ohm's Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://brndthgvln.forumotion.com

The Linear Proportion between V and I  Empty The Linear Proportion between V and I

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:31 pm
Linear resistance  is the straight-line , it shows that R is linear resistor. A linear resistance has a constant value of Ohm’s. It’s R does not change with the applied voltage.
Then V and I are directly proportional .

Example :
Doubling the value of V from 4 to 8 v results in twice the current ,from 2 to 4A. This relation between V and I can be analysed by using a fixed resistance of 2 Ω for R , as then when V is varied, the meter shows I values directly proportional to V. For instance with 12V, I equals 6A, for 10V , the current is 5A ,an 8V potential difference produces 4A. The I values are one-half the V values because R is 2 Ω. However, I is zero with zero volts applied.

The Linear Proportion between V and I  E111
The Linear Proportion between V and I  E1112
The Linear Proportion between V and I  E11112

The inverse relation between I and R can be illustrated by using a fixed value of 12V for the voltage, then R is varied the meter shows decreasing values of I for increasing values of R.

Example :
For instance,  when R equals 2 Ω , I equals 6A, when R equals 4 Ω, I equals 3 A and when R equals 6 Ω , I equals 2 Ω.

The Linear Proportion between V and I  I112
The Linear Proportion between V and I  I1111
The Linear Proportion between V and I  I11111
Jhejhe
Jhejhe
GURU
GURU

The Linear Proportion between V and I  Empty Re: The Linear Proportion between V and I

Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:17 am
What is the difference between linear and nonlinear circuits?
Jhejhe
Jhejhe
GURU
GURU

The Linear Proportion between V and I  Empty Re: The Linear Proportion between V and I

What are linear and nonlinear components?
Jhejhe
Jhejhe
GURU
GURU

Can a linear relationship be curved?
Jhejhe
Jhejhe
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:19 am
What is meant by a linear relationship between two variables?
Jhejhe
Jhejhe
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:56 am
What is a linear relationship table?
Shaira G.
Shaira G.
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:12 pm
Jhejhe wrote:What is the difference between linear and nonlinear circuits?

A nonlinear circuit is an electric circuit whose parameters are varied with respect to current and voltage. In other words, an electric circuit in which circuit parameters ,resistance, inductance, capacitance, waveform, frequency etc. is not constant, is called Non Linear Circuit.
Shaira G.
Shaira G.
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:13 pm
Jhejhe wrote:What are linear and nonlinear components?

In an electric circuit, a nonlinear element or nonlinear device is an electrical element which does not have a linear relationship between current and voltage. A diode is a simple example.Examples of linear elements are resistors, capacitors, and air core inductors.
Shaira G.
Shaira G.
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:14 pm
Jhejhe wrote:Can a linear relationship be curved?

Curve Fitting with Linear and Nonlinear Regression. We often think of a relationship between two variables as a straight line. However, not all data have a linear relationship, and your model must fit the curves present in the data.
Shaira G.
Shaira G.
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:14 pm
Jhejhe wrote:What is meant by a linear relationship between two variables?

Linear relationships can be expressed either in a graphical format where the variable and the constant are connected via a straight line or in a mathematical format where the independent variable is multiplied by the slope coefficient, added by a constant, which determines the dependent variable.
Shaira G.
Shaira G.
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:16 pm
Jhejhe wrote:What is a linear relationship table?
The table to view many ordered pairs from that linear graph. A table can help us identify linear relationships. The values in the table will indicate a linear relationship IF the ratios of the change in the y values over the change in the x values between ordered pair is equivalent or proportional.
Shaira G.
Shaira G.
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:21 pm
What is a positive linear relationship?
Shaira G.
Shaira G.
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:22 pm
Can a linear relationship be negative?
Jhejhe
Jhejhe
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:44 pm
Shaira G. wrote:What is a positive linear relationship?
Scatter Plot Showing Strong Positive Linear Correlation. Data set how a straight line comfortably fits through the data, hence a linear relationship exists. The scatter about the line is quite small, so there is a strong linear relationship.
Jhejhe
Jhejhe
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:47 pm
Shaira G. wrote:Can a linear relationship be negative?
Scatter plot strong linear in negative correlation relationship. The slope of the line is negative small values of X correspond to large values of Y; large values of X correspond to small values of Y, so there is a negative co-relation that is, a negative correlation between X and Y.
Shaira G.
Shaira G.
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:58 pm
What do you mean by linearity?
Jhejhe
Jhejhe
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:07 pm
Shaira G. wrote:What do you mean by linearity?

Linearity is the property of a mathematical relationship or function which means that it can be graphically represented as a straight line. Examples are the relationship of voltage and current across a resistor Ohm's law, or the mass and weight of an object.
Shaira G.
Shaira G.
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:20 pm
Jhejhe wrote:

Linearity is the property of a mathematical relationship or function which means that it can be graphically represented as a straight line. Examples are the relationship of voltage and current across a resistor Ohm's law, or the mass and weight of an object.
Thanks for the answers Jhe, then what do you mean by linear network in circuits ?
Jhejhe
Jhejhe
GURU
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:50 pm
Shaira G. wrote:
Jhejhe wrote:

Thanks for the answers Jhe, then what do you mean by linear network in circuits ?
A network in which the parameters of resistance, inductance, and capacitance are constant with respect to current or voltage, and in which the voltage or current of sources is independent of or directly proportional to other voltages and currents, or their derivatives, in the network also known as linear circuit.
kookie
kookie
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:25 pm
What is the Inverse Relationship? Rolling Eyes
kookie
kookie
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:27 pm
How can linear relationship relate to the table of values? Rolling Eyes
DRAVEN
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:28 pm
kookie wrote:What is the Inverse Relationship? Rolling Eyes

A type of correlation that exists between two different numbers. In this case, when one number has a value that rises, then the other will correspondingly fall in the value of the first number.
kookie
kookie
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:36 pm
Shaira G. wrote:
Jhejhe wrote:Can a linear relationship be curved?

Curve Fitting with Linear and Nonlinear Regression. We often think of a relationship between two variables as a straight line. However, not all data have a linear relationship, and your model must fit the curves present in the data.

No, because linear is literally means "a line". In other words, a linear line on a graph is where you can see a straight line with no curves.
kookie
kookie
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:37 pm
What is the Form of Linear Equation?
kookie
kookie
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:40 pm
Is it positive or negative if the straight line travels upward?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum