Ohm's Law
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kookie
kookie
GURU
GURU

The Linear Proportion between V and I  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Linear Proportion between V and I

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:43 pm
Jhejhe wrote:
Shaira G. wrote:
Jhejhe wrote:
Shaira G. wrote:What do you mean by linearity?

Linearity is the property of a mathematical relationship or function which means that it can be graphically represented as a straight line. Examples are the relationship of voltage and current across a resistor Ohm's law, or the mass and weight of an object.
Thanks for the answers Jhe, then what do you mean by linear network in circuits ?
A network in which the parameters of resistance, inductance, and capacitance are constant with respect to current or voltage, and in which the voltage or current of sources is independent of or directly proportional to other voltages and currents, or their derivatives, in the network also known as linear circuit.

inearity is the behavior of a circuit, particularly an amplifier , in which the output signal strength varies in direct proportion to the input signal strength. In a linear device, the output-to-input signal amplitude ratio is always the same, no matter what the strength of the input signal (as long it is not too strong).
kookie
kookie
GURU
GURU

The Linear Proportion between V and I  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Linear Proportion between V and I

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:48 pm
Jhejhe wrote:
Shaira G. wrote:Can a linear relationship be negative?
Scatter plot strong linear in negative correlation relationship. The slope of the line is negative small values of X correspond to large values of Y; large values of X correspond to small values of Y, so there is a negative co-relation that is, a negative correlation between X and Y.

If a straight line on a graph travels downwards from left to right, it has a negative linear relationship. It shows a steady rate of decrease.
DRAVEN
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:52 pm
kookie wrote:What is the Form of Linear Equation?

There are three major forms of linear equations: point-slope form, standard form, and slope-intercept form.
kookie
kookie
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:00 pm
Shaira G. wrote:
Jhejhe wrote:
Shaira G. wrote:What do you mean by linearity?

Linearity is the property of a mathematical relationship or function which means that it can be graphically represented as a straight line. Examples are the relationship of voltage and current across a resistor Ohm's law, or the mass and weight of an object.
Thanks for the answers Jhe, then what do you mean by linear network in circuits ?

shaira,, linear network in a circuit is a network in which the parameters of resistance, inductance, and capacitance are constant with respect to current or

voltage, and in which the voltage or current of sources is independent of or directly proportional to other voltages and

currents, or their derivatives, in the network is called linear network.

A network or circuit in which the magnitude of the current remains the same when the voltage polarity is reversed is called a bilateral network.
Gel
Gel
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:01 pm
kookie wrote:What is the Form of Linear Equation?

There are three major forms of linear equations, these are are slope-intercept form, point-slope form, and standard form.
Slope Intercept Form - It provides us with two important pieces of information about the graph of a line: the slope and the -intercept .
Point-slope form - We use point-slope form when we know a point on the line, and the slope . Given this information, the equation of the line is (y-y1) = m (x-x1)
Standard Form - This form of a line is particularly useful for determining both the - and -intercepts.
kookie
kookie
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:02 pm
Jhejhe wrote:What is the difference between linear and nonlinear circuits?

A linear circuit is an electric circuit in which circuit parameters (Resistance, inductance, capacitance, waveform, frequency etc) are constant. In other words, a circuit whose parameters are not changed with respect to Current and Voltage is called Linear Circuit.
Non Linear Circuit
A nonlinear circuit is an electric circuit whose parameters are varied with respect to Current and Voltage. In other words, an electric circuit in which circuit parameters (Resistance, inductance, capacitance, waveform, frequency etc) is not constant, is called Non Linear Circuit.
kookie
kookie
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:05 pm
Jhejhe wrote:What are linear and nonlinear components?

linear components are component that have a linear correspondence between their governing properties in electronics: Resistor
Non linear components are devices where the correspondence between the an governing parameters is non linear as an example take a semiconductor diode, the correspondence between the diode current at the diode voltage
Gel
Gel
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:10 pm
Why current and voltage are linearly proportional? Very Happy
Gel
Gel
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:18 pm
Admin its a bit unrelated to your topic but why capacitor is a linear element? Laughing
Gel
Gel
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20 pm
Admin how voltage is directly proportional to current? Smile
Gel
Gel
GURU
GURU

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:23 pm
kookie wrote:
Jhejhe wrote:
Shaira G. wrote:Can a linear relationship be negative?
Scatter plot strong linear in negative correlation relationship. The slope of the line is negative small values of X correspond to large values of Y; large values of X correspond to small values of Y, so there is a negative co-relation that is, a negative correlation between X and Y.

If a straight line on a graph travels downwards from left to right, it has a negative linear relationship. It shows a steady rate of decrease.

Additional info. "Negative correlation is a relationship between two variables in which one variable increases as the other decreases, and vice versa. In statistics, a perfect negative correlation is represented by the value -1.00, a 0.00 indicates no correlation, and a +1.00 indicates a perfect positive correlation."
neil
GURU
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:30 am
kookie wrote:Is it positive or negative if the straight line travels upward?

It depends in metals where the charge carriers electrons are negative, conventional current is in the opposite direction as the electrons.In still others, the current is entirely due to positive charge flow. For example, the electric currents in electrolytes are flows of positively and negatively charged ions.
neil
GURU
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:31 am
Gel wrote:Admin how voltage is directly proportional to current? Smile
In Ohm's law states that the electrical current (I) flowing in an circuit is proportional to the voltage (V) and inversely proportional to the resistance (R). Therefore, if the voltage is increased, the current will increase provided the resistance of the circuit does not change.
neil
GURU
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:31 am
Gel wrote:Admin its a bit unrelated to your topic but why capacitor is a linear element? Laughing

Not only resistors but also ideal capacitors and inductors are linear components. If we look to the capacitor when connected across a AC supply, then it can be easily said that it can be treated as a linear element. Linear elements are those which current voltage relationship is linear.
neil
GURU
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:32 am
Gel wrote:Why current and voltage are linearly proportional? Very Happy
The potential difference voltage across an ideal conductor is proportional to the current through it. The constant of proportionality is called the "resistance", R. 2. Material that obeys Ohm's Law is called "ohmic" or "linear" because the potential difference across it varies linearly with the current.
Krnjd
Krnjd
GURU
GURU

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:05 am
kookie wrote:What is the Inverse Relationship? Rolling Eyes
Inverse relationship where X1/X2 = Y2/Y1. It can be formed by reflecting the graph of this relation about the line y = x. To the right of the y-axis, as x increases, y decreases, and to the left of the x-axis as x decreases, y increases.
Jhejhe
Jhejhe
GURU
GURU

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:01 pm
How does voltage affect current?
Danye
GURU
GURU

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:36 pm
Jhejhe wrote:How does voltage affect current?
Current is the flow of electricity in a circuit and is measured in amps. Resistance, which is measured in ohms, is the thing that slows current down in a circuit. Ohm's Law is that more voltage creates more current and more resistance creates less current. ... Increase voltage.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum